DISTANCE LEARNING 2020
FACULTY OF MEDICINE FOR GROUPS 441-442
31.03, 07.04.2020 - Allergy. Summary class "General nosology".
Please, be cautious following the instructions below!
Practical lesson 3: "Allergy - 2h. Summary class "General nosology" - 2h." (according to curriculum of practical classes)
MATERIALS FOR SELF-PREPARATION:
1. Methodical guide for practical training on the Pathophysiology Module 1 - Topic 5 + 1, 2, 3, 4 (repeat).
1) General and Clinical Pathophysiology / edited by Anatoly V. Kubyshkin, Anatoly I. Gozhenko. – Third edition. – Vinnytsia : Nova Knyha. – 2017.
- Topic 5: p. 233-257.
2) N.V. Krishtal, V.A. Mikhnev, N.N. Zayko et al. ; edited by N.V. Krishtal, V.A. Mikhnev. – 2nd edition, corrected. – Kyiv : AUS Medicine Publishing, 2018.
3) Pathophysiology / N.K.Simeonova.-Kyiv:AUS Medicine Publishing, 2010.
3. Tests for relevant topics in the Methodical guide.
4. Video materials:
Type I hypersensitivity (IgE-mediated hypersensitivity) - causes, symptoms, pathology
Type II hypersensitivity (cytotoxic hypersensitivity) - causes, symptoms, pathology
Type III hypersensitivity (immune complex mediated) - causes, symptoms & pathology
Type IV hypersensitivity (cell-mediated) - causes, symptoms, treatment & pathology
Allergy - Mechanism, Symptoms, Risk factors, Diagnosis, Treatment and Prevention
Make a summary notes of topic "Allergy" that include such questions:
1. The definition and general characteristics of the allergy.
2. General characteristics of allergic reactions of immediate and delayed types. The classification of allergic reactions by Coombs and Gell.
3. Stages of the pathogenesis of allergic reactions. Mediators of the allergy.
4. Anaphylactic reactions, the pathogenesis of the anaphylactic shock.
5. The cytotoxic reaction, mechanisms of cytolysis, the role of the complement.
6. Immune responses and immunocomplex damage.
7. Delayed type hypersensitivity reactions. The role of lymphokines.
8. Allergic reactions of stimulatory and inhibitory type.
9. Autoallergic (autoimmune reactions). The causes and mechanisms of their development. The role of the autoalergic component in the pathogenesis of the disease.
10. The relationship between immunity, inflammation and allergy.
The mark for the seminar "General nosology" will be calculated as the arithmetic average of 5 topics that are included in the seminar, namely:
1) The doctrine of disease.
2) Pathogenic effects of physical factors.
3) The role of heredity and constitution.
4) Pathology of reactivity.
Send your teacher by mail:
Teacher of the Department Anastasiia Y. Lialina - email@example.com
PhD, teacher of the Department Olena S.Khmel - firstname.lastname@example.org
Send tasks NO LATER the next day after your class in the calendar-thematic plan.
In the subject of the letter, indicate your faculty, group/subgroup number, topic number and the full name in the following format:
AAAA - your faculty in Latin letters (I_med, II_med, stom, I_int, II_int)
BBBB - group/subgroup number
CCCC - topic number
DDDD - full name
In order to receive consultations by the department in the remote mode, students can send a letter with subject of the letter "ZAPYT" to the address to the address of your teacher.